Think of us as historians in that we do not pay bills or cut checks on our clients' behalf, but rather, we reconcile what the client and their business did the month prior. So in June, you will obtain all the client's bank & credit card statements, sales reports, etc for May. You will then post all activity to their respective income and expense accounts, file sales tax if necessary, review, then issue a set of easy to read financials.
You, along with the (5) other bookkeepers, own your section of 40-60 accounts that you are responsible for entirely. We carefully monitor production to ensure the client does not get too far behind on reporting, otherwise you are left to work and are trusted to communicate with the client and follow the system to be able to issue a set of timely financials every month.
We will train the right person, but the position does take the right type of personality and ability to adapt, conceptualize and apply what you learned from one account, to the next.
Other required attributes:
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
• Ability to manage several projects & tasks independently, yet simultaneously
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to complex situations
• Ability to maintain a high volume of client accounts & relationships
• Needs to be responsible, timely, have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Needs to have excellent organizational skills
• Bachelor's degree and/or experience within accounting. We will train the right person, but there must be a general understanding of accounting principles
Job is part-time looking to become full time, or for the right person, we will offer full-time and fill in the gaps to ensure you're always busy!
Pay is based on a commission of what you complete for that month, so the quicker you learn and the faster you process, the more you can make! This helps keeps our costs to the clients down and also ensures there is minimal wasted time at work.
Serving the following communities:
Barrington, Barrington Hills, Deer Park, Inverness,
Kildeer, Lake Barrington, Long Grove,
North Barrington, Port Barrington,
South Barrington, Tower Lakes
190 E. James Street
Barrington, IL 60010
Tel: (847) 381-2525